Williamsburg Weekly Update – April 13, 2017
April 13th, 2017
April 13, 2017 – Weekly School-Day Update
Here are this week’s updates:
1. Easter Holiday
The school is closed Friday, April 14th and Monday, April 17th for the Easter holiday. We wish all of our families a great L-O-N-G weekend!
2. Earth Week
Earth Week is almost here! The Me to We Club will be running different activities from April 18-21 to help Williamsburg be earth friendly!
– Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – Litterless Lunches – For all four days, students are encouraged to bring a litterless lunch with a maximum of 2 pieces of garbage. Me to We students will be coming around to each class during each eating portion to see which class has the least litter. At the end of the week, the class that has been the most “litterless” with their lunches will win a prize.
– Wednesday – After school (weather permitting), Me to We students will help weed the front gardens and entrance.
– Thursday – Earth Hour – Classes are invited to participate to spend one hour of the school day without any electricity.
– Friday – Community Clean-Up (weather permitting). Primary classes are invited to clean the school yard while Junior students will be helping clean around the neighbourhood. Permission forms for junior students to leave school property to help with the clean-up will be sent home via School-Day.
Thank you for your support of these initiatives for Earth Week! We are looking forward to seeing lots of litterless lunches as well as many helpful hands as we work to clean up and “green” our school and community!
3. Popcorn, Popcorn, Popcorn!
The School Council Popcorn Fundraiser is on now. Snack size bags of various popcorn flavours sell for $2.50 each. Please use the yellow order sheet that went home with your oldest/only child to collect orders and payments. Orders are due back to the school by April 24th. The money generated through this fundraiser will go towards items like school yard enhancements, planners, field trips, technology and more! Your participation in this sale, whether large or small, is greatly appreciated!
4. School Council Meeting
Join us on Monday, April 24th at 6:30pm in the Williamsburg library for our next School Council Meeting. Everyone is welcome!
5. Backwards Day
Friday, April 28th is SDRAWKCAB Day at Williamsburg. Show your Williamsburg spirit by wearing your clothes backwards.
6. Rm 31 Needs Your Help!
The grade 4/5 FI class has created an energy-saving Public Service Announcement, and entered it into a contest through the Classroom Energy Diet Challenge, which helps students across Canada learn more about the importance of conserving energy. Please watch and vote daily in order to help us have the chance to be viewed by the judges and potentially win some more technology for the school. Thank you!
Watch the video here
Have a great week!
Follow us on Twitter: @wlmwrdsb
Categories: School News