Williamsburg Weekly Update – April 20, 2017
April 20th, 2017
Here are this week’s updates:
1. May Pizza/Cookie Orders Due By April 27th
Pizza/Cookie orders for May are open NOW on School-Day. This ordering period covers the weeks of May 4, 11, 18 and 25th and will be taken on School-Day ONLY from today until Thursday, April 27th. No late orders will be accepted. See the How-To-Order Guide at the end of this note for step by step instructions for ordering. Call the school office if you have any questions – 519-742-1848.
2. School Council Popcorn Fundraiser
Keep selling popcorn! All orders are due back to school by Monday, April 24th. The money generated through this fundraiser will go towards items like school yard enhancements, planners, field trips, technology and more! Your participation in this sale, whether large or small, is greatly appreciated!
3. School Council Meeting – Join us on Monday, April 24th at 6:30pm in the Williamsburg library for our next School Council Meeting. Everyone is welcome!
4. Creating Classes for September
In preparation for next year’s classes, teachers from each grade will be meeting with Special Education Staff and Administration to consider the placement of each child based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Academic level
- Learning Skills and Work Habits
- Social/emotional levels of each student
- Relationships that exist between our students
- Balancing the special needs of students in each classroom
If you feel there are specific learning considerations that we should be addressing when making class placements, please feel free to submit them, in writing, and give them to Ms. Noonan by May 1st. Please note that parent requests for a specific teacher will NOT be considered.
5. Are you Moving?
In order to adequately plan and staff classrooms for the 2016-2017 school year, we need to have an accurate understanding of who will be attending our school in the fall. If you are planning a move, please let us know ASAP. Also, if you know of new families who will be moving into our area, please encourage them to contact the school so we include them in our numbers. We appreciate your help in keeping our enrolment numbers as accurate as possible.
6. Have you Completed the Parent Survey?
WRDSB conducts a Safe, Caring and Inclusive School Survey for students, staff and parents/guardians to complete during April and May each year. This year, the survey will be open from April 3 to May 12, 2017. The purpose of the Safe, Caring and Inclusive School Survey is to:
- provide information to the Board about the experiences of our students, staff and families,
- provide information to the Board to assist with decisions to expand programs and/or provide resources to help students from all cultures, faith groups and learning exceptionalities, and
- ensure that the Board continues to support learning in safe, caring and inclusive environments.
To access the parent/guardian survey, please go to the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017SCISParent_GuardianSurvey
You can also access the survey via our school website at: https://wlm.wrdsb.ca/2017/04/03/safe-caring-inclusive-school-surveys-for-parentsguardians/
7. Upcoming Dates to Note:
– April 20 to 27 – May Pizza/Cookie Orders will be open on School-Day
– April 24 – School Council Meeting at 6:30 pm in the Library
– April 24 – All Popcorn Orders Due
– April 28 – Backwards Day
– May 5 – PD Day – no school for students
How-to Order Pizza/Cookies
– Log-in to School-Day – www.school-day.com
– Click Products at the top of the page
– Click May – Pizza Orders
– From here you are now able to select each of the available dates using the drop down box listed beside the word Dates
– Be sure to select each Date that you wish each child to have pizza using the drop down arrow within this Product as well as which Topping and make note of how many slices of pizza you want for each given week. Then click add to cart and go back to the Date drop down box to select the next week that you wish to order
– Remember to use the drop down box for each of your children as well if you have more than one child that you are ordering for
– This ordering period covers 4 Thursdays including May 4, 11, 18 and 25 – If you wish to order cookies as well, go back to the products tab and Click on May – Cookie Orders and follow the same process as listed above to order cookies
– Once you have added all your items, click the cart in the top right corner of your screen to view all your selected items. Take a moment to review your order and make sure that your selections are correct. Then click Check Out to pay on-line or click Will Pay By Cash if you prefer to pay with cash. (For cash orders, send in the order number and the EXACT cash amount to school with your child by the order deadline – April 27, 2017 . Late orders cannot be accepted.)
Have a great week!
Follow us on Twitter: @wlmwrdsb
Categories: School News