Williamsburg Weekly Update – May 11, 2017
May 11th, 2017
Here are this week’s updates:
1. Jump 2 Pump – Friday, May 12th – Our annual Jump 2 Pump event is happening TOMORROW. Everyone is being asked to bring in a toonie to support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
As caring community members, we want to do our part to support such a worthy cause and at the same time promote a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, students will be jumping during physical education classes on our jump day. Thank you for your continued support!
2. 10th Anniversary Celebrations and Silent Auction Donations – As many of our families know, Williamsburg has been open for 10 years. To celebrate this milestone, we have planned some fun-filled activities for September 2017. During the first three weeks of the new school year, you will be hearing lots about the 10th Anniversary as teachers share with the children all the wonderful things that have made Williamsburg the amazing school it is today.
For now we would like you to “save the date”. On Thursday, September 21st, 2017, there will be an Open House:
– From 3:45 to 4:45 pm, we will be inviting all past and present staff, students and families to come tour our school and reminisce about all the good times shared at Williamsburg.
– From 5:00 to 7:00 pm we will be having our first ever Fun Fair. Amazing things are in the works! One part of our Fun Fair will be a silent Auction with proceeds going to school initiatives such as technology.
We are currently looking for donations and/or prizes for the Silent Auction from local businesses. If you can be of any assistance in securing silent auction or raffle items, please contact the school. We thank you in advance for all your support as we get ready to celebrate 10 years of being a part of this wonderful community!
3. Upcoming Dates to Note:
– May 12 – Jump 2 Pump
– May 16 and 17 – Fire Safety House visits at Williamsburg (Kdg to Gr. 3)
– May 18 – Junior Track & Field Meet at University Stadium
– May 18 – 25 – June Pizza/Cookie Orders Open on School-Day
– May 18 – Gr. 6 French Immersion Parent and Student Info Night at Westheights P.S.
– May 19 – Cultural Day
– May 22 – Victoria Day Holiday
– May 23 to 26 – EQAO Testing for Grades 3 & 6
– May 24 – Family Math Night for Gr. 6 Students and Families at Queensmount SR. P.S.
– May 29 – School Council Meeting
– June 2 – PD Day – no school for students
Social Media Connections:
Follow us on Twitter: @wlmwrdsb
Check out and subscribe to our website: https://wlm.wrdsb.ca/
Join the Williamsburg School Council Facebook Group: Williamsburg P.S. School Council
Have a great week!
Categories: School News