Williamsburg Weekly Update – February 23, 2017
February 23rd, 2017
Here are this week’s updates:
1. Family Fun Night – TONIGHT
We are looking forward to seeing our Williamsburg families tonight from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm for an evening of fun learning activities. Doors open at 6:10 pm and our sessions start promptly at 6:30 pm. Please arrive before 6:30 so that you can get your map and plan out your sessions.
2. School Council Meeting – February 27
Join us on Monday, February 27th at 6:30 pm in the Williamsburg library for our next school council meeting. The agenda for our meeting is posted on our school website: https://wlm.wrdsb.ca/school-council/school-council-agendas-and-minutes/
3. School Council Move-a-thon Fundraiser
School Council is holding their annual Move-a-thon on Friday, March 10th. Students will be receiving pledge form packages next week so they can collect donations for this great event. For every $5 of donations, students will receive a draw ticket that they can enter to try and win some great prizes such as waffle breakfast, games with teachers etc. Classes will all have a chance to go to the gym on March 10th to show off their great moves. The funds raised from the Move-a-thon will be put towards things such as: new technology, school-yard improvements, class trips and planners. Watch for more details coming soon!
4. Understanding Kindergarten Report Cards
The Ontario government is introducing new provincial reports in Kindergarten. School boards will start phasing in these new reports in the 2016-2017 school year. Click here to read more details: https://wlm.wrdsb.ca/2017/02/23/understanding-kindergarten-report-cards-for-parents/
5. Upcoming Dates to Note:
– February 27 – School Council at 6:30 pm in the library
– March 2 – 9 – Pizza/Cookie Orders Open on School-Day
– March 10 – Move-a-Thon Fundraiser
– March 13 to 17 – March Break
– March 20 – 1st Day Back to School after March Break
– March 31 – Crazy Hair/Hat Day
Follow us on Twitter: @wlmwrdsb
Have a great week!
Categories: School News