Williamsburg Weekly Update – May 18, 2017
May 18th, 2017
Here are this week’s updates:
1. Cultural Day – Friday, May 19th – Cultural Day is a day for staff and students to show pride in their culture or heritage. On Friday, May 19th, staff and students can wear a traditional outfit or hat or bring a flag to school. You may even want to bring a food for lunch that is traditional. It’s also Canada 150 this year so staff and students may want to show their Canadian heritage by wearing red and white!
2. June Pizza/Cookie Orders – Due May 25th – Pizza/Cookie orders for June are open NOW on School-Day. This ordering period covers the weeks of June 1, 8, 15 and 22 and will be taken on School-Day ONLY from today until Thursday, May 25th. No late orders will be accepted. See the How-To-Order Guide at the end of this note for step by step instructions for ordering. Call the school office if you have any questions – 519-742-1848.
*** Special Note: We will NOT be ordering pizza/cookies for the last day of school on Thursday, June 29, 2017. Please mark your calendars and plan to send a full lunch to school with your child on the last day of school.
3. Jump 2 Pump – Jump 2 Pump was a great success! Thanks to everyone who jumped and donated for Heart and Stroke! Our goal this year was to surpass a total of $40,000 over the ten years we’ve been doing this fundraiser….and we did it! We raised $683 and surpassed the $40,000 mark. Way to go Williamsburg staff, students and families!
4. 2017/2018 Calendar – The 2017-18 School Year Calendar is now available. The 2017-2018 School Year Calendar contains detailed holiday information, school start dates, PD Days, exam periods and EQAO assessments for the upcoming school year.
5. Spring Drills – Over the next few weeks we will be completing our spring safety drills. These will include 2 fire drills and 1 fire/bomb threat drill. The added component of the bomb threat is a ministry initiative and will allow staff and students to practice procedures if there was ever a bomb threat. Please be assured that staff will review all procedures with students ahead of time so that all students will understand and know what to do.
6. After School Supervision – A reminder that there is supervision on our school yard after school each day from 3:20 to 3:35 pm. By 3:35 pm, all students need to leave the school property. If students want to play on the school yard beyond that time, it is our expectation that they are here with a parent. Older students must report home first before returning to use the playground.
7. Upcoming Dates to Note:
– May 18 – 25 – June Pizza/Cookie Orders Open on School-Day
– May 18 – Gr. 6 French Immersion Parent and Student Info Night at Westheights P.S.
– May 19 – Cultural Day
– May 22 – Victoria Day Holiday
– May 23 to 26 – EQAO Testing for Grades 3 & 6
– May 24 – Family Math Night for Gr. 6 Students and Families at Queensmount SR. P.S.
– May 29 – School Council Meeting
– June 2 – PD Day – no school for students
Social Media Connections:
Follow us on Twitter: @wlmwrdsb
Check out and subscribe to our website: https://wlm.wrdsb.ca/
Join the Williamsburg School Council Facebook Group: Williamsburg P.S. School Council
How-to Order Pizza/Cookies
– Log-in to School-Day – www.school-day.com
– Click Products at the top of the page
– Click June – Pizza Orders
– From here you are now able to select each of the available dates using the drop down box listed beside the word Dates
– Be sure to select each Date that you wish each child to have pizza using the drop down arrow within this Product as well as which Topping and make note of how many slices of pizza you want for each given week. Then click add to cart and go back to the Date drop down box to select the next week that you wish to order
– Remember to use the drop down box for each of your children as well if you have more than one child that you are ordering for
– This ordering period covers 4 Thursdays including June 1, 8, 15 and 22. (Pizza/cookies will NOT be available on Thursday, June 29th.)
– If you wish to order cookies as well, go back to the products tab and Click on June – Cookie Orders and follow the same process as listed above to order cookies
– Once you have added all your items, click the cart in the top right corner of your screen to view all your selected items. Take a moment to review your order and make sure that your selections are correct. Then click Check Out to pay on-line or click Will Pay By Cash if you prefer to pay with cash. (For cash orders, send in the order number and the EXACT cash amount to school with your child by the order deadline – May 25, 2017 . Late orders cannot be accepted.)
Have a great week!
Categories: School News