Williamsburg Weekly Update – May 4, 2017
May 4th, 2017
Here are this week’s updates:
1. PD Day – A reminder that tomorrow (Friday, May 5th) is a PD Day which means no school for students
2. School Council Popcorn Fundraiser – School Council is pleased to announce that we raised over $2800 from our Popcorn Fundraiser. Thank you Williamsburg families!
A reminder that the new date for popcorn distribution is Tuesday, May 9th. Popcorn will be sent home with students. If you placed a large order please ensure you are available to help your child bring your popcorn home on Tuesday, May 9th.
2. Kodaly Choir Performance – Congratulations to our Kodaly Choir who performed last night at Centre in the Square with the local mass Kodaly choir. What a wonderful opportunity for our choir to perform with many schools from the region on such a big stage. A special thank you goes out to Mrs. Stanzel, Mme Redwood and Mrs. Sweeney, our Kodaly teachers, who have spent many hours rehearsing with the choir this year!
3. Jump 2 Pump On Friday, May 12, 2017 Williamsburg students will be taking part in our annual Jump 2 Pump event. Everyone is being asked to bring in a toonie to support the Heart and Stroke Foundation. As caring community members, we want to do our part to support such a worthy cause and at the same time promote a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, students will be jumping during physical education classes on our jump day. Thank you for your continued support!
4. Upcoming Dates to Note:
– May 5 – PD Day – no school for students
– May 12 – Jump 2 Pump
– May 16 and 17 – Fire Safety House visits at Williamsburg
– May 18 – Junior Track & Field Meet at University Stadium
– May 18 – 25 – June Pizza/Cookie Orders Open on School-Day
– May 18 – Gr. 6 French Immersion Parent and Student Info Night at Westheights P.S
– May 19 – Cultural Day
– May 22 – Victoria Day Holiday
– May 23 to 26 – EQAO Testing for Grades 3 & 6
– May 24 – Family Math Night for Gr. 6 Students and Families at Queensmount SR. P.S.
– May 29 – School Council Meeting
– June 2 – PD Day – no school for students
Social Media Connections:
- Follow us on Twitter: @wlmwrdsb
- Check out and subscribe to our website: https://wlm.wrdsb.ca/
- Join the Williamsburg School Council Facebook Group: Williamsburg P.S. School Council
Have a great week!
Categories: School News